Thursday, March 05, 2009

Power of Women - Women's Day

Women can create a significant impact in the society, I strongly believe that a woman with the right attitude and mindset can transform any impending situation into an opportunity.

I have always had a significant part of my upbringing around strong women, all the women in my family have been strong individuals, upright and straight. All of them women with a lasting and strong value system and strong women with independent, clear thoughts.

I have always been blessed with friends around me, many of whom strong women (even those much younger to me) have always proven that they can withstand bigger problems, face dire situations without hassles. I have learnt a lot from friends like these and believe me, quite a few of them can be exemplary role models.

A good number of my colleagues in the office too have been strong women, my team has >50% women - all motivated, extremely talented and potentially better performing than most of their peers in other groups. I have had my favorites and they have always happened to be people who are young, consistent performers, go getters, never say die attitude and a strong value system – No surprises here that quite a few of the spots right at the top are taken by WOMEN!

This Women’s day I pay my tributes to all the strong, committed women around me who have made me personally a stronger human being and allowed me to rise above petty things and move ahead.

Let’s celebrate Women’s day and continue to contribute to the betterment of the society!

No comments: