Wednesday, March 09, 2005

All work and no play.....

Most of my friends and me work in excess of 12-14 hours per day. Though the work is not physically draining, it definitely is tiring. The amount of tiredness some of us experience is pretty high. Some of my friends cannot even come out of their homes once they get in after a day's work. I am no different, once I reach home after 9.00pm or so, its just a matter of priority that drives my venturing out and meeting people.

When I look back, I worked much harder, sometimes even longer hours in manufacturing, but the tiredness that the busy experiences today is of a different nature. It is not something that I used to feel when I would log in 12-14-16 hours on the shop floor and get home. Is it that we sit and laze around a lot now and the body is not subjected to any kind of physical activity through out the day? Is it the pollution, the food we eat? Is it the lack of exercise and a disciplined work ethic, posture etc.?

I don't know, may be a combination of all of these, but I know for sure, there needs to be a concerted effort to correct this. Else an entire generation of prematurely old and frail people is just about to get into a crisis that probably could have been averted.

Me thinks its possible to prevent a lot of these problems if we eat right, sleep right, sit right and work right (# of hours that is).

No comments: